The best HVAC Installation technicians in Camas
When you’re looking for air conditioner installation in Camas, you need to take into account both “first cost” – the cost you pay up front on the price tag – and “lifetime costs,” such as the factors that affect its output and energy usage for years to come. A Tri-Tech Heating and cooling HVAC contractor can help you sort out the details and select the best possible unit.
The benefits of Tri-Tech Heating and Cooling’s premium air conditioning installation
When you hire someone to install a new system, considering these areas: Sizing: A professional can calculate the home’s cooling load and choose the most appropriate size for your air conditioner:
- Ductwork: Leaky dusts will waste energy and result in a less-cool home. Installers should use mastic sealant or metal-backed duct tape to make the ductwork airtight.
- Airflow: Each system has an appropriate airflow rate determined by the manufacturer. If the air moves through the system too fast or too slow, it will be less effective.
- Refrigerant: Installers will consult manufacturer requirements to determine the ideal amount of refrigerant necessary. If it’s not properly charged, you lose cooling capacity and end up with higher energy costs. You can also retrofit air conditioning into a house that currently lacks it.
Types of Air Conditioning Systems
Air conditioners come in many types, ranging from window units to complex whole-house zoned systems. Here are a few of the basics:
- Forced-air – The system most people have in mind when they think about residential air conditioning, this uses a central unit and a system of ducts throughout the house to push cool air to each room.
- Ductless – Ductless air conditioning systems provide another option for homes. Unlike forced-air systems, ductless air conditioner uses an outdoor compressor unit to provide refrigerant, electricity and drainage into indoor systems mounted on the top of walls of the rooms to be cooled. Since cold air doesn’t get lost by moving through a traditional duct system, this method reduces energy usage by as much as 30 percent. On average, a ductless system costs between $3,000 and $5,000.
- Heat pumps – Used for both heating and cooling, an air-source heat pump condenses warm air and moves it either indoors or outdoors. A heat pump uses the principle of heat transfer, which relies on the difference between indoor and outdoor temperatures to provide heating or cooling to a home. In cooling mode, it acts much like an air conditioner, cooling by drawing heat out of a home and pumping it outdoors. In heating mode, think of a heat pump as an air conditioner that can go in reverse. It absorbs heat from the air, condenses it and pumps it into the home. Heat pumps also tend to last longer, with average life spans between 20 and 25 years.
Reliable HVAC Services in Camas
Tri-Tech Heating & Cooling has been servicing Camas and the surrounding area since 1993. We treat each of our customers like family, and that means responding right away to all service calls. Whether you need your AC inspected or are experiencing a home cooling emergency, our highly trained technicians will take care of your needs. We also recommend regularly scheduled maintenance to keep your air conditioner working like new. Give Tri-Tech Heating & Cooling a call as soon as you suspect you have an issue and we’ll get your home back to comfortable temperatures right away. We also provide fireplace repair in Salmon Creek, Camas, and Vancouver.