A ductless heat pump offers unique features that make it an appealing option in may of today’s homes such as:
- Efficient operation at outside temperatures of 17°F and below without electric backup
- Quiet operation – both indoors and outdoors
- Heating and cooling
Ductless heat pumps are a great option for both replacement of existing heating systems, especially baseboard/wall heaters, as well as for new construction.
Ductless heat pumps are very efficient for many reasons:
- Ductless heat pumps typically reduce efficiency losses associated with traditional duct work by 15-20 percent because the heated or cooled air is delivered directly to the room.
- Variable speed compressor models avoid on-off cycling losses. They provide heat or cooling to specific areas of the house, which can be more efficient since each “zone” can be heated to the desired temperature.
- Installation cost savings can be substantial since no duct work is required.